Message from the Mayor (July 31, 2020)
A Request to All Citizens in Response to Four New Confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nobeoka City
Today, on July 31st, Miyazaki Prefecture announced that there are 4 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Nobeoka City. There is now a total of 9 confirmed cases in Nobeoka City.
First of all, I wish the infected citizens a fast and full recovery.
The Miyazaki Prefecture Health Center is currently investigating details about the recent movements and close contacts of the infected citizens. The following details have already been announced.
1. Information about the infected citizens
- Male in his 50s
- Female in her 50s
- Male in his 40s
- Male in his 20s
* They all work at Kodensha CO,. LTD (株式会社興電舎) in Nobeoka City.
* Two citizens who have been announced to be confirmed with COVID-19 on July 29th (male in his 40s, male in his 20s) also work at the same company.
2. Requests made by Miyazaki Prefecture
- Please refrain from travelling to places outside the prefecture, especially for nonessential and nonurgent reasons.
- Please try to stay at home as much as possible, especially if you are a senior citizen, have an underlying disease or close contact to seniors/people with underlying diseases.
- Please take all necessary disease control measures in case you are meeting with people from outside the prefecture.
- Please refrain from eating with a large number of people.
3. Request to people using restaurants
Please cooperate with the following two requests when eating at a restaurant.
- Please wear a mask and don't remove it until you start eating. After you have finished your meal, please put your mask back on and only talk afterwards.
- Please make sure to talk only while wearing a mask.
4. Measures at Nobeoka City Hall and its branches
- Please use antiseptic solution upon entering the building.
- Please regularly gargle, wash your hands, and follow the cough etiquette.
- Please refrain from entering city hall or it branches if you have a fever or symptoms of a cold.
- If you are in a hurry, you can use a phone located at the entrance of Nobeoka City Hall to contact the various divisions.
5. Please remain calm
First of all, please do not trust or spread groundless rumors about the novel coronavirus; rely only on accurate information from the homepages of the city, prefecture, and country.
Don't spread rumors about infected people or their families, especially in social networks. Please protect their human rights.
6. Please contact the “General Consulting Service Center" in case of concerns.
If you have any concerns, you can contact the “General Consulting Service Center" that is open every day, including weekends and holidays. (Japanese only)
7. If you think you might be infected, please contact the Prefectural Coronavirus Consultation Center.
July 31th, 2020
Youji Yomiyama, Mayor of Nobeoka City